Descriptif du poste
Why consider Novartis?
750 million. That’s how many lives our products touch. And while we’re proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people’s lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you’re given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you’re empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you’re surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges.
We are Novartis. Join us and help us reimagine médicine, Join the second Best Employer in Algeria, Best Employer in MENA and in Africa
Leadership in setting the strategic direction, design/development, and the implementation/Evaluation of Best in Class Marketing and Brand management; effectively identify/monitor multiple local market conditions and contribute to build strong customer relationships.
The group brand manager is accountable for overseeing and coordinating the strategic planning for marketing as well as designing and executing growth marketing initiatives ensuring highly efficient and effective introductions of new products, indications, line extensions, and key customer-facing initiatives.
The group brand manager works closely with other members of the Marketing, Sales and Key Accounts teams as well as cross-functional partners across Novartis, including, Medical, Supply chain, Market Access, Compliance and other functions.
The incumbent develops and tracks Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and manages multiple project plans, tracks resources and requests, and reviews status reports (accomplishments, upcoming deliverables, and issues, actual vs. baseline). The incumbent identifies activities at risk, and recommends and/or drives marketing actions to address.
What you’ll bring to the role:
- Contribute to build I&D, NS and Respiratory portfolio Brand launch Manage-ment
- Devise the long-term marketing strategy for the franchise’s product portfolio and fit of the organization with market/customer requirements.
- Set the strategic direction for Marketing and product training, and gain align-ment with key stakeholders in marketing to determine overall gaps in perfor-mance or anticipate future needs in those areas.
- Manages the entire branch launch activities, project plans and tracks resources.
- Develops and tracks key performance indicators (KPIs) (Cf: KPIs part)
- Leads the development and implementation of Cosentyx launch in Rheumatolo-gy/Dermatology commercial strategies.
- Manages D, NS and Resp. IPS and tactical planning.
- Develops and establishes innovative brands “launch Readiness” framework for products, major new indications and line extensions from launch -36 months through launch
- Lead performance-tracking activities, including competitive tracking, and devel-op actionable recommendations for the brands.
- Develops annual I&D, NS and Resp. marketing plans, including financial fore-casts, analytics and budget management. Monitors the product performance, competitive environment and customer base to quickly identify plan changes
- Liaise with Global brand team on critical brand issues and align as appropriate to the global brand strategy.
- Ensure compliance with Novartis policies, procedures and full integration into the Novartis culture and support resources.
- Contribute to the development of internal launch-related communications
- Develops and maintains the launch preparedness calendar, including skill-needs and curricula for field teams
Drive Financial Targets
- Ensure that marketing budget managed within agreed upon limits and plans are effectively implemented.
- Responsible for monthly spot landing estimates, forecast risks and opportunities for brands in alignment with the Franchise.
Ethics and Compliance
- Works within ethics and compliance policies
- Identifies activities at risk, and recommends and/or drives actions to address
- Adherence to internal SOPs & guidelines (P3, Code of Conduct, anti-bribery, con-flict of interest…)
Measures of Success:
- Financial and Business Results:
- Country revenues
- Financial targets by brand
- Aligned brand strategy, launches preparation and execution of marketing plans
- Driving pre-launch brands & maximize launch success: understanding competitive environment and requirements from country and local HA’s; understanding and communicating customer insights to recognize business opportunities; building and implementation of marketing plans; leading IPS & iLR processes; accurate qualitative and quantitative input into budget and strategic planning; implementation of a state of the art pre-launch plan and contribute to novel market access approaches; identification of future competitive scenarios
- Marketing projects management and execution: devising innovative marketing initiatives to guarantee a sustainable competitive advantage
- Proactive competitive intelligence: new launches, generic threats, local manufacturing transfers, A&P investments….
- Satisfaction of internal customers: Franchise, CFO, CPO head, sales team on timely preparation and distribution of high quality CPO Marketing plans
- Marketing operational excellence
- Relevant promotional material for field force and activities
- Positive relationship with key opinion leaders to contribute to strengthen advocacy and Novartis image/reputation
- Timelines and quality of reports, analyses, data… to be provided to the line manager
- Accuracy and integrity of reports, analyses, data
- Internal communication productivity and efficiency: Communication with line manager and peers; alignment with PSs and MSLs.
Ethics and Compliance
- Works within ethics and compliance policies and ensures those around him/her do the same.
- Works to ensure diverse and inclusive environment, free from all forms of discrimination and harassment.
- University degree in Science
- Marketing/Business Degree
- Ideallly MBA degree
- English is a must
- Local country languages: Arabic, French
- Min 5 years’ experience in pharma industry
- Marketing and product management skills
- Business analysis and planning
- Proven ability to understand and clearly communicate relationship between scientific, financial, economic & pricing.
- Ability to manage key projects
- Scientific knowledge of multiple therapeutic areas including I&D, NS and Respiratory
- Strategic, tactical, & financial business skills
- Leadership skills with the ability to work as part of a team
- Excellent understanding of regulatory environment
- Thorough understanding of the country regulatory & healthcare environment as well as country pharma industry and competitor products
- Excellent understanding of pharma product registration process
- High level of interpersonal and communication skills